naming : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the verbal act of naming
the part he failed was the naming of state capitals
- n the act of putting a person into a non-elective position
- v assign a specified (usually proper) proper name to
- v give the name or identifying characteristics of; refer to by name or some other identifying characteristic property
- v charge with a function; charge to be
- v create and charge with a task or function
- v mention and identify by name
- v make reference to
- v identify as in botany or biology, for example
- v give or make a list of; name individually; give the names of
- v determine or distinguish the nature of a problem or an illness through a diagnostic analysis
- s inclined to or serving for the giving of names
- He sold the naming rights to laboratories, buildings and eventually four of the school's six campuses.
- Eisenhower and Kennedy began the tradition of consulting the evangelist, but Johnson, Nixon and Ford intensified the fashion that concluded with Bush's naming him "America's pastor.
- BIO One of Wall Street's star technology-stock analysts, Meeker is perhaps best known for naming Microsoft, America Online, Compaq and Dell as good buys when their stock prices were .
News & Articles
- Belton wants to revise their street naming policy
The Street Naming Committee will present two alterations to the current street naming policy for the city of Belton. The first possible change is to count non-responsive homeowners as neutral. The second
June 11, 2013 - KXXV Waco
- Mitel Introduces Customer-Driven Product Naming Architecture Mapped to Customer Needs and Buying Behavior
OTTAWA -- Mitel(R) , a leading provider of cloud and premises-based unified communications software solutions, has introduced a new product naming architecture based on the straightforward language customers ...
June 11, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Apple naming next operating system after Mavericks surf spot
Apple is switching from its decade-long practice of naming its Mac operating system updates after big cats. Instead, it's paying homage to the geography of its home state. Apple software head Craig Federighi says the next version of Mac OS X will be called "Mavericks," after an undersea rock formation that produces big waves near Half Moon Bay. PHOTOS: 2013 Mavericks Invitational big wave ...
June 10, 2013 - KSBW Salinas
- David Stern in USA Today
They allege that Blagojevich put a 'for sale' sign on the naming of a United States Senator; involved himself personally in pay-to-play schemes with the urgency of a salesman meeting his annual sales target; and corruptly used his office in an... Patrick Fitzgerald http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Fitzgerald&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGPzhmxWW1WJbe2mVbWBC-ROULUoQ AlaskaReport http://www.google.com/url?q=http://alaskareport.com/news1208/x61837_blagojevich_arrest.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHdqpZGv3PbGgA6FQs28nQ1R-O_rw Dec 9, 2008
66428 88458 naming We were asked by the government not to comment about the investigation, but in light of the widespread press coverage and the naming of the referee, Tim Donaghy, we consider it appropriate to make a fuller statement," Stern said late Friday....
- Seth Meyers in The Associated Press
I really like the idea of an entire hour of television being dedicated to a person naming one team,Meyers joked Wednesday. "That's really exciting."