- n a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage
- v make reference to
- v commend
he was cited for his outstanding achievements
- v refer to
- v repeat a passage from
- v refer to for illustration or proof
- v advance evidence for
- v call in an official matter, such as to attend court
- Intelligence officials cited potential harm to national security in a ruling requiring disclosure of information on Guantnamo detainees.
- The Obama administration declined to cite China as a country manipulating its currency to gain unfair trade advantages.
News & Articles
- Films give voice to Worcester youths
N-CITE, a media collective program in Worcester, has a mission to arm the next generation with tools to fight what it calls "the dominant narrative," or the stories and stereotypes the media tends to recycle.
June 13, 2013 - Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- First on CNN: O'Malley to endorse Booker in New Jersey Senate race
(CNN) – Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley will endorse Cory Booker in New Jersey's special Senate election on Thursday, Democratic sources told CNN. O'Malley, a former mayor of Baltimore, plans to cite the Newark mayor's efforts to reduce crime, attract businesses and improve education in his endorsement. "We need more entrepreneurial, collaborative, results-driven leaders like Cory […]
June 13, 2013 - CNN Political Ticker
- Questions about the care of guard dogs
Animal Care and Control to cite Broward K-9 Services
June 12, 2013 - WPTV West Palm Beach
- Henry Paulson in International Herald Tribune
The American people are angry about executive compensation, and rightfully so,Paulson told the House Financial Services Committee. "Many of you cite this as a serious problem, and I agree. We must find a way to address this in legislation...
- Edward Markey in Detroit Free Press
Rep. Ed Markey, chairman of a House Energy panel, said the plans "cite identical response capabilities and tout identical ineffective equipment."
- Bruce Clark in msnbc.com
I wouldn't cite that as sort of the bellwether, but things certainly are? moving in their favor,Clark said.