- v make reference to
- v be relevant to
There were lots of questions referring to her talk
- v think of, regard, or classify under a subsuming principle or with a general group or in relation to another
This plant can be referred to a known species
- v send or direct for treatment, information, or a decision
refer a patient to a specialist
refer a bill to a committee
- v seek information from
refer to your notes
- v have as a meaning
- v use a name to designate
Christians refer to the mother of Jesus as the Virgin Mary
- Although the 911 Truth Movement, as many conspiracy believers refer to their passion, has been largely ignored by the mainstream media, it is flourishing on the Internet.
- Pardo didn't invent this kind of game (which enthusiasts refer to as "massively multiplayer"); he merely perfected it.
- His campaign staffers even refer to their operation as McCain 2.
News & Articles
- Retirement Planner: Good investment mix can take you a long way
The "invisible hand" of economic forces rewards investors who take some risk. The reward is inevitable if you wait long enough, and financial markets refer to it as the "risk premium.
June 15, 2013 - San Jose Mercury News
- Rep. Ed Royce demands inspector general's documents on suspected State Department cover-up
The chairman of a key House committee on Thursday demanded that the State Department's office of inspector general explain passages in internal documents that refer to pressure from department higher-ups to quash investigations into suspected criminal activity — including the solicitation of prostitutes, illegal drug activity and sexual assault — ...
June 14, 2013 - The Washington Times
- MLB Players Not Getting Enough Credit Right Now
One of the popular debates among sports fans is how one player gets all this attention while another player is forgotten even though that player is having a much better year. I like to refer to these discussions as the Rodney Dangerfield debate, who was famous for the line "I don't get no respect." This article will try to right that wrong by focusing on players who are having an impressive ...
June 14, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Mike McConnell in USA Today
We try not to refer to 'jihad' as something that's bad,McConnell noted, referring to a recent government communications policy.
- Julian Bond in WTOP
While we are happy to have sent a certain radio cowboy back to his ranch, we ought to hold ourselves to the same standard,Bond said. "If he can't refer to our women as `hos,' then we shouldn't either."
- Nicholas Negroponte in BusinessWeek
I have to laugh when people refer to XO as a weak or crippled machine and how kids should get a `real' one,Negroponte wrote. "Trust me, I will give up my real one very soon and use only XO. It will be far better, in many new and important...