- n a remark that calls attention to something or someone
she made frequent mention of her promotion
there was no mention of it
- n a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage
the article includes mention of similar clinical cases
- n an official recognition of merit
although he didn't win the prize he did get special mention
- v make reference to
His name was mentioned in connection with the invention
- v make mention of
- v commend
- When she did mention human rights, it was in the broad context of international relations, rather than specific criticism of China's record.
- PTI did not mention that I appear on campuses by invitation of students, and that I am, I rather think, the most in demand of all campus lecturers at my outrageous fee.
- Yet one mention of her detractors is enough to energize her.
- Dermot Ahern in New York Times
Millions of people worldwide saw it was a blatant double hand ball, not to mention a double offside,Ahern said. "We should put the powers that be in the cozy world of FIFA on the spot and demand a replay."
- Venus Williams in USA Today
I'm extremely professional in everything that I do on and off the court,Venus said. "I contribute my best in my sport and I also have a ton of respect for myself and my family. So any mention of that is extremely disrespectful for who I...
- Sheldon Whitehouse in FOXNews
If Al Qaeda bothers to mention Iraq it's because they want to achieve their objectives in Iraq, which is to drive us out and to develop a safe haven. And the reason they want a safe haven is to launch attacks against America, or any other... President Bush http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFh0u2JMmcpgHHAEOKNoPb27FyIcg FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296145,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEz__j3WL-sXhmpZjd8Wa043p2tmw Sep 8, 2007
62804 83755 mentor Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, also a Rhode Island Democrat, called Pell a mentor, example and friend" and "a uniquely beloved Rhode Island politician."