- n a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage
- n a passage or expression that is quoted or cited
- n a statement of the current market price of a security or commodity
- n the practice of quoting from books or plays etc.
since he lacks originality he must rely on quotation
- Now 1,540 pages, with 22,500 quotations, it is a sockdolager, Nearly 3,000 of the quotations are new to this edition, ranging from the maxims of Ptahhotpe, an Egyptian vizier .
- The New York Curb Market Association is formulating plans for extending its quotation service beyond the metropolitan area to which it is now limited, to Chicago, Boston .
- Oh, and it's a comic book Bechdel's breathtakingly, pitilessly smart commentary duets with deliriously eloquent line drawings, as well as letters and maps and literary quotations.
News & Articles
- Letter: Full amendment wording
Editor: In Greg Kimball's letter of June 14, omitting the single word "but" from the quotation of the Fourth Amendment changes its meaning.
June 15, 2013 - The St. Augustine Record
- Thursday To-Do: Jeff Deck
JEFF DECK 6:30 p.m. Main Library. Free. If your the typo person who gets P-O'd at the site of misused homophones, missspelings, creative abbrev., stray apostrophe's, Mysterious Capitalizations, "enthusiastic" and "seemingly random" usage of "quotation marks," or other such abuses of written language, you will likely sympathize with author Jeff Deck . In 2007, Deck and his colleague Benjamin D ...
June 12, 2013 - Arkansas Times
- Success With Hyperlinking Is Praising Yeezus
As BSD's resident rap "expert" (NOTE: The quotation marks are because I bestowed that title unto myself), I'm freaking out over Kanye releasing his new album Yeezus in a week. So, anybody else up for a Kanye-themed version of SWH?
June 11, 2013 - Philly.com
- Pope Benedict XVI in CBS News
These (words) were in fact a quotation from a Medieval text which do not in any way express my personal thought,Benedict told pilgrims at his summer palace outside Rome.
- Stephen Harper in National Post
During my press conference, I attacked Mr. Ignatieff for some things he had allegedly said about Canada and the G8,Mr. Harper said. "I learned shortly after the press conference this was not a quotation of Mr. Ignatieff. I regret the error...
- Abraham Lincoln in Telegraph.co.uk
Pulis added: "I have tremendous respect for Mr Wenger, but as Mr Wenger is such a learned professional and on a great day in America electoral history, I would like to remind him of Abraham Lincoln's great quotation: 'You can fool some of the people...