quote : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a punctuation mark used to attribute the enclosed text to someone else
- n a passage or expression that is quoted or cited
- v repeat a passage from
He quoted the Bible to her
- v name the price of
quote prices for cars
- v refer to for illustration or proof
He said he could quote several instances of this behavior
- v put quote marks around
- Bonus hint: one of the quotes she provides from an "immigration group" includes a glaring error.
- Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh famously wore a T shirt bearing the Jefferson quote.
- Congressmen drop his name and quote things he may or may not have said.