credit : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n approval
he was given credit for his work
give her credit for trying
- n money available for a client to borrow
- n an accounting entry acknowledging income or capital items
- n used in the phrase `to your credit' in order to indicate an achievement deserving praise;
she already had several performances to her credit
- n arrangement for deferred payment for goods and services
- n recognition by a college or university that a course of studies has been successfully completed; typically measured in semester hours
- n a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage
- n an entry on a list of persons who contributed to a film or written work
the credits were given at the end of the film
- n an estimate, based on previous dealings, of a person's or an organization's ability to fulfill their financial commitments
- v give someone credit for something
We credited her for saving our jobs
- v ascribe an achievement to
She was not properly credited in the program
- v accounting: enter as credit
We credit your account with $100
- v have trust in; trust in the truth or veracity of
- An op-ed in today's NYT argues that despite new legislation restricting the fees credit-card companies can charge consumers, there's a decent chance that your good-citizen .
- Unhappy with the predictive value of credit scores, lenders look for more personal data.
- If politicians can't agree to renew credits for businesses that create renewable power, both the economy and the environment will suffer.
News & Articles
- Credit card debt is back on the rise
Credit card users did learn to manage their debt better after the Recession, but now research shows signs that Americans may be getting a little less careful about how they use credit cards.
June 12, 2013 - WWLP Springfield
- Credit Suisse Debuts 2 Commodities ETNs
Credit Suisse, the bank behind the recently launched Credit Suisse Gold Shares Covered Call ETN (NYSEArca:GLDI), rolled out two multicommodity long-only exchange-traded notes today, one a broad
June 12, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Credit Island group will meet, tour lodge
The Credit Island lodge advisory committee will meet for the first time today, with a tour of the burned-out structure part of the proceedings, Alderman Nathan Brown, 1st Ward, announced at Wednesday's City Council meeting.
June 12, 2013 - Quad-City Times
- Pedro Martinez in Boston Globe (registration)
I can't find a way to beat them at this point,Martinez said. "You just have to give them credit and say, `Hey, you guys beat me, not my team.' "
- Chipper Jones in The Associated Press
That made my day. I give Charlie a lot of credit for that,teammate Chipper Jones said. "You usually don't see the utility guys get their due. Charlie's doing his homework."
- Barack Obama in Bloomberg
Soon my Treasury secretary, Timothy Geithner, will announce a new strategy for reviving our financial system that gets credit flowing to businesses and families,Obama said in his weekly radio address.