- n a public promotion of some product or service
- v give heed (to)
- v make a more or less disguised reference to
- v make reference to
- The Christian Party, a right-wing political party whose policies focus mostly on moral issues, is joining the advert battle by displaying posters on at least 50 buses, though it .
- The plot is not particularly absorbing, the stakes are not particularly high, and the occasional passages that advert to matters like Character and Fate, while not horribly .
- But Chapman's star turn at the House Science Committee Thursday provided little more than an advert for NASA's proposed $5 million asteroid tracking program, a wrist-slap for the .
News & Articles
- France's MyJobCompany Brings Its Social Headhunting Platform Across The Channel
MyJobCompany is another take on the social recruitment idea. Its platform, which expanded beyond France and Latin America to the UK last week, enables anybody to become what it calls a "social headhunter" by recommending friends and acquaintances for a job. Or, put another way, by sending their social and professional networks job adverts, which if lead to a qualified application or actual hire ...
June 10, 2013 - TechCrunch
- Seeing Success In An Increasingly Competitive AdWords Market by @ccmadwords
It’s no secret – the world of online marketing is becoming flooded with more and more competition as the days go by. Business owners are taking more and more money away from traditional forms of advertising (such as print & tv), and putting it into online channels. Because of this extra competition, it’s getting much [...] Author information Jeremy Decker Jeremy Decker is the SEM manager for ...
June 6, 2013 - Search Engine Journal
- Vicente del Bosque in Capital FM
We know we can play better than we have done so far and we hope to do that in the semi-final,Del Bosque said. "I think it will be a good advert for football."
- Keira Knightley in guardian.co.uk
I wanted to take part in this advert for Women's Aid because while domestic violence exists in every section of society we rarely hear about it,said Knightley. "Domestic violence affects one in four women at some point in their lifetime...
- Basdeo Panday in Trinidad & Tobago Express
I think the semi-final will be different. Both teams want to reach the final. We know we can play better than we have done so far, hopefully it will be an open match and a good advert for football.Del Bosque has not changed his line-up for the last... Fernando Torres http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Torres&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF05xFYeizkKgIDUXWHLl4ScwBMVA Daily Mirror http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.dailymirror.lk/print/index.php/sports/108-international/14922.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFhBPrxVD2-Inj80veJSm-aAwnriA Jul 6, 2010
1596 2229 advertently Panday said it took Justice Carmona's statements for the newspapers to take up what I have been saying for so long-that the Government finances crime, whether directly or indirectly, advertently or inadvertently".