- v make a more or less disguised reference to
He alluded to the problem but did not mention it
- But while the judge's decision did allude to claims of extramarital escapades by both partners, he did not clearly identify the grounds.
- There are themes that seem to allude to Mir-Hossein Mousavi, the candidate President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad claims to have defeated: the unwanted quest and the risking of life in .
- Google's brand is known for both its ambition and its quirkiness, and the company's logo "Do No Evil" seems to allude to the power it wields.
News & Articles
- Books: 'The Life of John Hay, from Lincoln to Roosevelt' by John Taliaferro
There are two important lines of human endeavor in which men are forbidden even to allude to their success,John Hay told the governor of New York state, the mayor-elect of New York City, and members of the chamber of commerce: "affairs of the heart and diplomatic affairs. In doing so, one not only commits a vulgarity which transcends all questions of taste, but makes all future success ...
June 23, 2013 - Tulsa World
- Vermilion school’s new design is based on red clay heritage
VERMILION — The color of new Vermilion Elementary School will allude to the city’s Native American history.
June 6, 2013 - The Morning Journal
- Bob McKillop in Covers
He's a challenge because we have not faced someone of his size all year long,coach Bob McKillop said. "I would be foolish not to allude to the fact that our guys have played against (UCLA's) Kevin Love and (North Carolina's) Tyler...
- Joachim Ruecker in NewsBlaze
Any statements that allude to Kosovo taking unilateral actions are in contradiction to the Contact Group's Guiding Principles,Mr. RÃ¼cker said. "Such statements can undermine support for Kosovo at this crucial time. It is important that...
- Andrew Stanton in Gizmodo.com
Apple is so proprietary and so secretive that he couldn't even really allude to where the future of technology was going,said Stanton.