hang : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a special way of doing something
he couldn't get the hang of it
- n the way a garment hangs
he adjusted the hang of his coat
- n a gymnastic exercise performed on the rings or horizontal bar or parallel bars when the gymnast's weight is supported by the arms
- v be suspended or hanging
- v cause to be hanging or suspended
- v kill by hanging
The murderer was hanged on Friday
- v let drop or droop
- v fall or flow in a certain way
This dress hangs well
- v be menacing, burdensome, or oppressive
This worry hangs on my mind
The cloud of suspicion hangs over her
- v give heed (to)
- v be suspended or poised
- v hold on tightly or tenaciously
hang on to your father's hands
- v be exhibited
Picasso hangs in this new wing of the museum
- v prevent from reaching a verdict, of a jury
- v decorate or furnish with something suspended
- v be placed in position as by a hinge
This cabinet door doesn't hang right!
- v place in position as by a hinge so as to allow free movement in one direction
hang a door
- v suspend (meat) in order to get a gamey taste
hang the venison for a few days
- But whenever Chino gets out of jail from his latest weapons-possession charge, he will still have nowhere to go but the gang neighborhood, nobody to hang with but his homeboys .
- The two new laws are now being implemented, and their backers hope they will mitigate the state's hang-'em-high image.
- First, though, he would be imprisoned by his fellow adventurers, sentenced twice to hang, and spared from ritual Algonquian execution by an enchanting woodlands princess whose .
News & Articles
- The plunging Hang Seng suggests another awful year for Hong Kong IPOs
Hong Kong isn’t a friendly place for companies looking to raise capital. As the Hang Seng tumbled 2.19% today, China Harmony Auto Holding Ltd—a dealership shelling Rolls Royces, Ferraris and other posh ...
June 13, 2013 - Quartz via Yahoo! Finance
- Hong Kong stocks follow U.S., Japan lower; Hang Seng Index down 1.7%
Hong Kong stocks follow U.S., Japan lower; Hang Seng Index down 1.7%
June 13, 2013 - Market Watch
- Hang w/ Quickly Passes Its One Millionth Broadcast
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. -- MEDL Mobile, Inc. -- a pioneer in the creation, development, marketing and monetization of mobile apps -- announced today that the "Hang w/" platform has hit its 1,000,000th ...
June 10, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Lindsay Lohan in NECN
I did do everything that I was told to do and did the best I could to balance jobs and show up,she said. "I wasn't missing the classes just to hang out and do anything like that. I was working mostly in Morocco -- the trip I was working...
- Larry King in Us Magazine
Citing a desire to spend more time with his family, King said "I'm looking forward to the future and what my next chapter will bring, but for now it's time to hang up my nightly suspenders."
- John Howard in Sydney Morning Herald
I think that would just encourage those who wanted completely to destabilise and destroy Iraq, and create chaos and victory for the terrorists to hang on and hope for (an) Obama victory,Mr Howard told the Nine Network. "If I was running...