hanger : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a worker who hangs something
- n anything from which something can be hung
- Obsessing over wire hangers, putting a hit out on your own son, implanting never-ending neuroticism into your kid.
- And this skit, put together by comedy troupe Animosity Pierre, cleverly conveys how easily and quickly one can become obsessed with the mysteries, non sequiturs and cliff-hangers .
- His Indians are mostly beggars and hangers-on, a menace only to horses, cows and the pioneers' imaginations.
- Jean Paul Gaultier in San Jose Mercury News
To me, clothes on a hanger are simply still lives. It's only when someone wears them that they come alive,Gaultier told reporters after the show. "Here, the idea was to create clothes that have several uses. You can go for a swim, you can...
- Jayson Werth in USA Today
I think it was a splitter, change, it was up,Werth said of the pitch. "It was just a hanger, I was able to stay through it a little bit. One good thing about [Citizens Bank Park] is you get 'em up in the air, they'll go."
- Kylie Minogue in Sydney Morning Herald
The problem is I hate putting things on hangers,Minogue said. "I have a hanger phobia - I don't like the way they sound when you put them in the wardrobe." "And I've got far too many shoes, but they look so pretty I don't like to...