- n disagreeable aftereffects from the use of drugs (especially alcohol)
- n an official who remains in office after his term
- n something that has survived from the past
hangovers from the 19th century
- The oldest hangover remedy is to simply keep drinking.
- Everybody who has ever had a hangover thinks he knows all about this fashionable phenomenon; in this he is probably wrong.
- When the "morning after" rolls around, many an overachieving boozer prays for a hangover cure.
News & Articles
- What Happens When 30 Craft Distillers Descend on Capitol Hill?
After a night of drinking dozens of thimble-sized plastic cups of booze—quinoa bourbon, chocolate fudge brownie liqueur, maple-infused vodka—my brain is mush. I vaguely remember being told last night that Danes call a hangover "carpenters in the forehead" but can't remember who told me, with all the hammering behind my eyebrows. A pack of matches with the words "Death's Door" just fell out of my ...
June 13, 2013 - National Journal via Yahoo! News
- 'Fast' races past 'Hangover' at weekend box office
LOS ANGELES — It’s a blowout at the box office. “Fast & Furious 6” is revving past “The Hangover Part III” in the No. 1 position at the Memorial Day weekend box office.
June 12, 2013 - The Journal News
- Hangover 3: Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis and Cast Say "Very Sad" Goodbye to Franchise
Last night's premiere for The Hangover Part III was both a celebration and a send-off for the hit movie franchise. "It's a little sad," Bradley Cooper told reporters on...
June 9, 2013 - E! Online
- Joe Maddon in International Herald Tribune
I would be surprised if there's any hangover,Maddon said, adding that he had not spoken with the players about putting Thursday behind them. "For me to draw attention to it, I don't like to do that. I think sometimes in an attempt to help,...
- Kenny Perry in AFP
Everyone kind of asks about the Augusta hangover,said Perry who had a bogey-bogey finish at the Masters. "I guess I kind of shoved that aside a little bit. So that makes me feel pretty good."
- Warren Gatland in The Star
Gatland said: "I will probably wake up with a smile and a hangover on Sunday. I try not to categorise things, but winning the Grand Slam in your first season is pretty special."