hankering : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a yearning for something or to do something
- v desire strongly or persistently
- Still, there are no signs that the state is hankering for a change in party control.
- Today a man can study civil engineering, then get a sudden hankering for aeronautics, and any one of the major aircraft companies will hire him.
- He had spent his entire life hankering for the presidency.
News & Articles
- What a $30 club sandwich in Geneva tells you about travel
If you have a hankering for a club sandwich in Geneva, expect to pay $30.45. Hungry in New Delhi? You'll fork over $9.11.
June 17, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Former Mascoma Star Returns the Favor
Canaan — After a four-year field hockey career at Providence College and another four as a U.S. Army officer in the Pacific Northwest, former Mascoma Valley Regional High multi-sport star Kati Lary Jopek returned to the area three years ago with a hankering to give back.
June 14, 2013 - Valley News
- Barenaked Ladies hankering to get back to SLC
Barenaked Ladies hankering to get back to SLC by Sheena Mcfarland The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 13, 2013 09:44AM MDT It’s not the breathtaking mountains, the quirky culture or the gorgeous sunsets that members of Barenaked Ladies and Guster are looking forward to when they visit Utah — it’s delving into some internationally acclaimed mole. “I’m feeling almost as good about this album as I ...
June 13, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Alex Kovalev in USA Today
It's nice when you come back and get that much support,Kovalev said. "I didn't know what the expect. But I'm a different person now. I have that hankering to play."
- Condoleezza Rice in Reuters
I hope that there are not people in Russia who are hankering for the days of US-Soviet confrontation because they are over,Rice told journalists in Warsaw after signing an agreement to base 10 US interceptor rockets in Poland. "The Cold...
- Gary Mabbutt in FOXSports.com
But Mabbutt told BBC Radio Five Live: "Harry will certainly relish the job, he did a great job at West Ham and Portsmouth but he's always been hankering for a job like this. I think he comes across very well, his style of football is very good."