hankie : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a square piece of cloth used for wiping the eyes or nose or as a costume accessory
- WSJ reports the Land of Lincolner's "voice is a bit raspy, his eyes are a bit red, and he walks with a hankie or tissue on hand, quickly burying it in a pocket before shaking hands.
- At Risk is a one-hankie book and could be a two-hankie movie.
- So hankie up, everyone; here goes.
- Lou Piniella in International Herald Tribune
Now what do you do, throw out a red handkerchief? What's the format? What do you do? I'd love to be able to throw a red hankie or a green hankie,Piniella said, referring to the NFL system in which a coach throws out a red flag to challenge a...
- Flip Saunders in DetNews.com
We haven't had a lot of success against them,Saunders said. "I told the guys, before I even took my hankie out of my pocket we were down by 20 points here last year. That's not good. And now they've had five days off, so they are going to...
- Barack Obama in Salt Lake Tribune
Tell ya what, John,said Obama, turning to Edwards, "I'll lend you my hankie if you lend me your eyedrops."