- v desire strongly or persistently
- v have a desire for something or someone who is not present
- v have affection for; feel tenderness for
- How can she retool her message and her identity as a virtual incumbent to resonate with an electorate that seems to yearn more for change than any other quality?.
- It will make some people yearn for jobs like those in the old days, when we fought traffic, sat in a cube, typed memos, took a long lunch and then sat in traffic again.
- Despite our penchant for giving up privacy in exchange for convenience, our experiences online may make us yearn for the anonymity of the past.
News & Articles
- When You’re Not The Star: What You Can Learn From The Backup Singers
A new documentary, 20 Feet From Stardom, tracks the singers who, despite huge talent, didn’t take center stage but filled a supporting role. Filmmaker Morgan Neville talks about what we can learn from the backups. Any creative type with a modicum of ambition knows what it’s like to yearn for career stardom. What writer hasn’t dreamed of becoming the next Jonathan Franzen or Joan Didion? What ...
June 14, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- Joshua Estrin: Glamping: The New Face of Roughing It
If you yearn for falling asleep to the sound of crickets underneath a ceiling of stars, if you find the smell of unnamed bug repellent strangely intoxicating, if a bathing suit is not a priority and WiFi is not a necessity, Glamping -- one of the newer terms in an ever-growing lexicon -- is not for you.
June 13, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- Gazette.Net: High Point rising senior works on refining raw talents
Most coaches do not face the problem that Rodney Lewis does. Most have to seek out players who yearn to practice harder, jump higher, run faster, rebound better and do many other things on the basketball court to the absolute best of their ability for every single second they are on the floor.
June 13, 2013 - Gazette.net
- Mary Hart in FOXNews
I want to thank my agents,Hart joked between award announcements, drawing silence from the audience. "And yes, I yearn for the days of Jack Nicholson mooning the Golden Globes, Christine Lahti getting locked in the bathroom, but we have...
- Gilad Shalit in Outlook
I want to send my regards to my family and tell them that I love them and miss them and yearn for the day I will see them again,said Shalit in the video which showed him holding a copy of a Gaza newspaper dated September 14, 2009.
- President Bush in USA Today
I fully understand that in order to achieve this vision there must be leaders willing to speak out and act on behalf of people who yearn for peace,Bush said at the end of his meeting with Abbas when reporters were invited in. "And you are...