languish : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v lose vigor, health, or flesh, as through grief
- v have a desire for something or someone who is not present
- v become feeble
The prisoner has be languishing for years in the dungeon
- Even before the Eurozone crisis there were many who were languishing under makeshift shelters but now the problem has become extremely precarious.
- The practice that was unwittingly halted still languishes because of bureaucratic ineptitude.
- The undertrials were languishing in the jail before the firebrand lawyer took up their cause and had them released from jail.
News & Articles
- All of a Sudden, There Aren’t Enough Electric Cars to Keep Up with Demand
Electric vehicles like the Nissan Leaf and Honda Fit EV used to languish on dealership lots for months. A pricing war with aggressive incentives and cheap lease deals has changed all that. Last year, Nissan sold about half the number of Leafs it had anticipated, marking two years in a row of disappointing sales for the electric car pioneer. One of the factors holding the Leaf back from appealing ...
June 18, 2013 - It's Your Money
- Lawsuits over government surveillance languish
Lawsuits over government surveillance languish Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 11:15 am, Wednesday, June 12, 2013 SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Before there was Edward Snowden and the leak of explosive documents showing widespread government surveillance, there was Mark Klein — a ...
June 15, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Gov. signs bill speeding up capital punishment
Florida is speeding up how quickly it carries out the death penalty. Gov. Rick Scott on Friday signed into law a measure designed to accelerate the state's capital punishment process. That process has been criticized for allowing some condemned inmates to languish for decades on death row. The "Timely Justice Act of 2013" creates tighter timeframes for appeals, post-conviction motions and ...
June 14, 2013 - WFTV 9 Orlando