pine : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a coniferous tree
- n straight-grained durable and often resinous white to yellowish timber of any of numerous trees of the genus Pinus
- v have a desire for something or someone who is not present
- Unlike other pine trees, which have a single trunk, the Wollemi pines, once fully grown, can have up to 100 trunks and stand more than 80 ft.
- Hondurans sported pine sprigs in their lapels, grinned a new greeting "Pinos de Honduras.
- Because of global warming, whitebark pine trees are dying.
News & Articles
- Pine County: Child found along highway; day care closed; provider believed intoxicated
Authorities ordered a Pine County day care center closed Wednesday after a 2-year-old from the center was found wandering along Minnesota 23 and sheriff's deputies saw possible signs that the day care provider was intoxicated.
June 14, 2013 - Pioneer Press
- Pine Cove Water District receives transparency honor
Share/BookmarkIt was a celebration in Pine Cove Saturday. The water district held its annual open house where customers feasted on tri-tip, salads and ice cream. On display were the district’s three new trucks, courtesy of a grant and loan from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and nearly 2 miles of pipeline. But the highlight was [...]
June 13, 2013 - Idyllwild Town Crier
- Pine Tree ISD names new assistant superintendent
The Pine Tree ISD School Board named Daya Hill, Ed.D. as Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction in a special board meeting, May 29, 2013.
June 13, 2013 - CBS 19 Tyler