fade : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer
- n gradually ceasing to be visible
- v become less clearly visible or distinguishable; disappear gradually or seemingly
The scene begins to fade
- v lose freshness, vigor, or vitality
- v disappear gradually
- v become feeble
- Almost all authentic facial expressions fade after four or five seconds.
- Six top newsmen, assigned to cover President-elect Eisenhower's trip to Korea on a pool basis, were instructed last week to "fade from the public view" in preparation for the.
- Making a jean look convincingly vintage is so crucial that in order to discover every wrinkle and fade, Colovos has been wearing the same pair of jeans every day for eight months.
News & Articles
- Jay Hovdey: Hollywood Oaks, rich with history, ends its run
It has been awhile since the rest of the country has taken particular notice regarding what happens in the Hollywood Oaks. For the most part, the race has been reduced to an early summer placeholder for what’s left of the West Coast filly division once the wild rites of spring fade away, which is pretty sad for an event that has been won by Miz Clementine, Straight Deal, Turkish Trousers, Fran’s ...
June 20, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Celebrities React to the Death of James Gandolfini
Hollywood was stunned by the sudden loss of James Gandolfini on Wednesday. The Sopranos star ? whose other man credits include The Mexican, True Romance, Zero Dark Thirty and Not Fade Away ? died of an apparent heart attack while vacationing in Italy. Here's what his co-stars and fellow celebrities had to say about his sudden passing:
June 20, 2013 - TV Guide
- The Re-Invention of Miss Utah Will Be Televised
There was no way Miss Utah was going to fade into obscurity after unleashing that incoherent stream of consciousness upon the world on Sunday night at the Miss USA pageant. ...
June 19, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- George Mitchell in SI.com
If nothing else, the results of the Hall of Fame voting last week, and the reaction to it, offer fresh evidence that this issue will not just fade away,Mitchell said. "Whether you think it fair or not, whether you think it justified or...
- President Bush in FOXNews
As past debates fade, and great duties become clear, let us begin a new era of trans-Atlantic unity,Bush said in his speech.
- Mike Hargrove in Forbes
Hargrove left Sunday, saying his "passion has begun to fade" after 37 years in baseball even though his team is the hottest club in the majors.