fading : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n weakening in force or intensity
- v become less clearly visible or distinguishable; disappear gradually or seemingly
- v lose freshness, vigor, or vitality
Her bloom was fading
- v disappear gradually
- v become feeble
- The rather louche glamour of Monaco's royal family is nothing compared with the fading but still palpable grandeur of the British monarchy.
- Photographer Sean Hemmerle finds an elegiac sign of America's fading industrial might in the crumbling urban ruins of the Motor City.
- Henry Pu Yi started out life as an anachronism, a boy emperor of a fading dynasty.
News & Articles
- Emerging Market Returns Slump in Two-Year Downturn
June 24 (Bloomberg) -- In today's "Single Best Chart," Bloomberg's Scarlet Fu displays the fading returns from emerging markets over the past two years. She speaks on Bloomberg Television's "Bloomberg Surveillance."
June 24, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Geeks oust miners among Australia's new rich as boom fades
By Jane Wardell SYDNEY (Reuters) - In a country synonymous with larger-than-life mining tycoons and Outback heroes, the geeks are quietly inheriting the earth. As coal magnate Nathan Tinkler, the poster boy for Australia's fading 10-year minerals boom, publicly battles against bankruptcy, software entrepreneurs Mike Cannon-Brookes and Scott Farquhar are riding high. The former college buddies ...
June 24, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- With WikiLeaks' Help, NSA Leaker Snowden Seeks Asylum In Ecuador Via Moscow
Julian Assange and Edward Snowden, who have now both applied for asylum in Ecuador. Just when WikiLeaks seemed to be fading from the world of spilled secrets, Julian Assange's group has become part of the story of another megaleaker: Edward Snowden, the 29-year-old whistleblower currently flying across the globe to escape
June 23, 2013 - Forbes
- Ed Carpenter in SI.com
The new qualifying format and the four-lap average makes it very difficult to make the car good and fast for four straight laps,the disappointed Carpenter said. "It's something we've been kind of fighting with the car fading a little bit....
- Craig Anderson in SportingNews.com
You want your best games at the end of the year when you're getting that playoff push,Anderson said. "You want to be playing your best hockey. Look at other teams that were playing good at the start of the year. They're kind of fading off...
- Denard Span in TSN
I definitely see (Liriano's) slider. It was good,Span said. "Just watching from center field, I'm just glad I'm not hitting off him to be honest with you. It looks nasty. Watching how the ball was moving and cutting and fading away, it's...