fleet : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n group of aircraft operating together under the same ownership
- n group of motor vehicles operating together under the same ownership
- n a group of steamships operating together under the same ownership
- n a group of warships organized as a tactical unit
- v move along rapidly and lightly; skim or dart
- v disappear gradually
- s moving very fast
fleet of foot
the fleet scurrying of squirrels
- In less than 24 hours "The fleet is all lit up!" had become the joyful cry of all Britain.
- As the Sixth Fleet moved in, a sweptwing, twin jet flew in from the Bulgarian coast, and came down low over the massed invasion fleet.
- Out to punish the "aggressors," a six-nation Blue fleet totaling nearly 160 fighting ships began steaming toward Norway.
News & Articles
- After fleet, city will turn to the Fire Department for more savings
Just starting their engines by Pam Zubeck Up to now, Mayor Steve Bach has laid off people here and there. But last week, he took out 59 employees, an entire department, by outsourcing the city's fleet maintenance.… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
June 12, 2013 - Colorado Springs Independent
- World Air Fleet to Double in 20 Years, Boeing Says
Global fleet of airplanes to double in 20 years, Boeing says in new forecast
June 11, 2013 - ABC News
- GE Capital Fleet Services Expands Suite of Safety Products with Mobileye Agreement
GE Capital Fleet Services today announced an agreement that will give GE’s truck fleet customers access to the Mobileye collision avoidance system. The only National Highway Traffi
June 10, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- David Obey in ABC News
This compromise will allow EPA to go ahead with a new clean air rule without sinking the Great Lakes fleet - and all the jobs it creates in the region,said Rep. David Obey, D-Wis., chairman of the House Appropriations Committee.
- Dave McCurdy in Forbes
Any further changes to the program would only delay the progress that manufacturers have made toward increasing fleet-wide fuel economy,said Dave McCurdy, president and chief executive of the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers.
- Glenn Tilton in TheStreet.com
Our industry is challenged as never before by the unrelenting price of oil,said CEO Glenn Tilton in a prepared statement. "The elimination of our entire [Boeing 737] fleet and our alliance with Continental CAL are examples of the different...