- n an ethnic group speaking Flemish and living in northern and western Belgium
- n one of two official languages of Belgium; closely related to Dutch
- a of or relating to Flanders or its people or language or culture
News & Articles
- Statoil Hits Oil at Harpoon, Canada
Statoil ASA has found a large deposit of light, high-quality oil in the Flemish Pass Basin, offshore Newfoundland.
June 20, 2013 - Zacks via Yahoo! Finance
- Statoil Hits Oil at Harpoon, Canada - Analyst Blog
Norwegian oil giant Statoil ASA ( STO ) has found a large deposit of light, high-quality oil in the Flemish Pass Basin, offshore Newfoundland. The oil was discovered in the Harpoon
June 20, 2013 - Nasdaq
- World Food Prize goes to a Belgian for the first time: The scientist Marc Van Montagu
( VIB (the Flanders Institute for Biotechnology) ) The Flemish plant scientist Marc Van Montagu is being awarded the "World Food Prize 2013," jointly with the American scientists Mary-Dell Chilton and Robert T. Fraley. This was announced by US Secretary of State, John Kerry. The World Food Prize gives the award annually to one or more people whose work has been of exceptional social importance ...
June 19, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Elio di Rupo in The Press Association
Their leader, Elio di Rupo, also a would-be premier, said: "Many Flemish people want the country's institutions reformed. We need to listen to that."
- Nick Nuyens in VeloNation
It was a dream stage, especially the final,Nuyens said after the stage. "The rise at the end reminded me of the Flemish mountains [Ardennes] which pleased me."
- Guy Verhofstadt in International Herald Tribune
The average trend of the Flemish Liberal Democrats is not so good,Verhofstadt said. "We must acknowledge that the government has had a few bad months and we know that whoever leads faces the most fire."