- n an executioner who hangs the condemned person
- Swinging through Europe, on a hangman's holiday, which will take him to Vienna, Graz, northern Italy and (reportedly) to Nrnberg in time to officiate should Nazi leaders be.
- Behind the yellow stone walls of Nicosia's Central Prison last week, three young Greek Cypriots in their early 20s awaited the hangman.
- Three hangings spark a furorTen minutes after a chilly dawn at Pretoria's Central Prison, five men stepped up to five gallows, accompanied only by a hangman, a.
News & Articles
- 5 Acre Brush Fire In Hangman Valley Area
Firefighters are mopping up a brush fire just north of the Hangman Valley area near Baltimore and Moran Vista Lane. Dispatch started getting calls just before 4:00pm Tuesday afternoon of homeowners seeing smoke in the Hangman Valley area. Firefighters from Spokane County Fire District #8 and Washington State DNR responded.
June 19, 2013 - KHQ Spokane
- Amazon Publishing’s “The Hangman’s Daughter” Series Reaches 1 Million Copies Sold
—Amazon Publishing today announced that Oliver Pötzsch, whose Hangman’s Daughter series includes “The Hangman’s Daughter” , “The Dark Monk” , and “The Beggar King” , has become the first Amazon Publishing author to sell 1 million copies in combined print, audio, and Kindle English language editions worldwide.
June 17, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Amazon Publishing Has First Million-Copy Hit; Will Authors, Agents Take Notice?
Amazon Publishing has its first million-copy selling author, the company announced today. The author is Oliver Pötzsch and his Hangman's Daughter series has sold over a million copies of three titles between print, ebook and audio-book sales. The ebooks have made the Digital Book World Ebook Best-Seller List and the fourth title, The Poisoned Pilgrim, is due out in mid-July.
June 17, 2013 - Forbes
- Asadullah Khalid in The Age
Khalid described Dadullah as a "hangman and a killer."
- Omar Abdullah in Hindustan Times
Unfortunately, under the AFSPA, because it is built for the armed forces, the army is the judge, jury and the hangman. Therefore, there is absence of transparency as a result of which people have lost faith in the system,Abdullah said.
- Jack Warner in Trinidad & Tobago Express
It is inconceivable to have 295 (convicts) on death row awaiting the hangman when of course no one is trying to apply the law,Warner said. "The law says death by hangings. And if a person is convicted and has of course used all his...