- n a loose narrow strip of skin near the base of a fingernail; tearing it produces a painful sore that is easily infected
- It's like asking for pity for the millionaire's ulcers or having a symposium on the plantation owner's hangnail.
- Replete with hangnail character sketches and hangdog attitudes, Author Rawlings' revised Book of Job is a sententious smudge compared to her famed, finely drawn 1938 novel, The .
- It is entirely possible that Adlai is suffering from a hangnail or fallen arches, unknown to the public.
News & Articles
- The Essential Debt Ceiling Reading List: What Will Happen, How Bad It’ll Be, and How to Save It
Are we going to default? What would it mean if we did? Where am I? These are all good questions about the debt ceiling, a strange political and economic hangnail that even many of the legislators charged with caring for it don't entirely understand. Here's a very-incomplete primer about what's going to happen next, how bad it's going to be, and whether we can get out of it.
Oct. 7, 2013 - Mediaite
- Harrison Ford in Urbana Daily Citizen
I broke a fingernail,Ford said. "I walked away with a hangnail."
- Jim Zorn in The Orange and Brown Report
Matt would worry if he had a hangnail. You want to feel good,Zorn said. "But when you come out to practice and go, 'OK, it's no big deal,' then you just go ahead and go."
- Charles Krauthammer in Kaiser network.org
Charles Krauthammer, Washington Post : "Once we have taken the position of many stem cell research advocates that embryos are discardable tissue with no more intrinsic value than a hangnail or an appendix, then all barriers are down," Post...