flow : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the motion characteristic of fluids (liquids or gases)
- n the amount of fluid that flows in a given time
- n the act of flowing or streaming; continuous progression
- n any uninterrupted stream or discharge
- n something that resembles a flowing stream in moving continuously
the museum had planned carefully for the flow of visitors
- n dominant course (suggestive of running water) of successive events or ideas
the flow of thought
- n the monthly discharge of blood from the uterus of nonpregnant women from puberty to menopause
the semen begins to appear in males and to be emitted at the same time of life that the catamenia begin to flow in females"--Aristotle
- v move or progress freely as if in a stream
The crowd flowed out of the stadium
- v move along, of liquids
Water flowed into the cave
- v cause to flow
The artist flowed the washes on the paper
- v be abundantly present
The champagne flowed at the wedding
- v fall or flow in a certain way
Her long black hair flowed down her back
- v cover or swamp with water
- v undergo menstruation
- This new flow of contraband south from Windsor began in the name of water conservation.
- But the resulting increased flow of gas through the fractures relatively short lived and in some leases is not worth the additional cost.
- It has a flow and an intimacy that the often awkward theatrical version lacked.
- President Bush in guardian.co.uk
These two regimes [Iran and Syria] are allowing terrorists and insurgents to use their territory to move in and out of Iraq,Mr Bush said."We will disrupt the attacks on our forces. We'll interrupt the flow of support from Iran and Syria....
- Barack Obama in Reiten Television KXMB Bismarck
Washington (AP) President Barack Obama says America's auto industry can't become reliant on "an unending flow of tax dollars."
- Dan Mazer in AZ Central.com
Although we in the United States are taking many extraordinary measures to ease the crisis, we are not pursuing policies that would limit the flow of goods, services or capital, as such measures would only intensify the risks of a prolonged... Henry Paulson http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Paulson&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFunf9jqAG4PIOWvnV9rZ6KE6zAlQ FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Oct12/0,4670,FinancialMeltdown,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGncV66xOgUqvLTABmPqZ3XpeLrgg Oct 12, 2008
38405 49641 flowchart In this month's edition of Written By," the WGA's in-house publication, Mazer confirmed that "you sort of know how people are going to respond in some ways. You plot their responses, and it's like a flowchart."