- n a relatively permanent inclination to react in a particular way
- n grass for pastures and lawns especially bowling and putting greens
- n an area of grassland unbounded by fences or hedges
- n a special way of doing something
he had a bent for it
- v form a curve
- v change direction
- v cause (a plastic object) to assume a crooked or angular form
- v bend one's back forward from the waist on down
- v turn from a straight course, fixed direction, or line of interest
- v bend a joint
- s fixed in your purpose
bent on going to the theater
- s used of the back and knees; stooped
with bent (or bended) back
- s of metal e.g.
- The principle at work is refraction, which is what makes a straw appear bent in a glass of water.
- Instead he gave the world a gift: he saw the flag-draped casket approach, his mother bent and whispered in his ear, and he raised his hand in salute.
- The mother did not tell her daughter of this, but with a strange anxiety turned the child's bent toward singing, determined to realize in her the graces of song of which the .
News & Articles
- Darren Bent Would Be a Smart Signing for Newcastle
Newcastle are reportedly lining up a move for Aston Villa striker Darren Bent, after the forward had an unsettled year at the Birmingham -based club. The Magpies are in need of a summer revamp, with a replacement for Demba Ba still on the cards. Despite Bent's poor recent campaign, a switch to Tyneside may well be what he needs to salvage his career. Tips on horses can be hard to come by, but it ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Bent Tree may seek redistricting
A resident of the Bent Tree neighborhood informed the Warren County Public Schools Board of Education on Monday that residents there are looking into getting their neighborhood redistricted so that it
June 11, 2013 - Bowling Green Daily News
- Bent Mountain Kick-Off Picnic: Wednesday, June 12
Bent Mountain Kick-Off Picnic We have the hot dogs, drinks and chips, just bring a dish to share and have some fun. Face painting by Shnookums the Clown, bubbles, games and more. Date: Wednesday, June 12 Time: 12:00pm to 2pm Where: Bent Mountain Library This event is free, but please bring a covered dish to [...]
June 10, 2013 - Roanoke Times
- Barack Obama in WQOW TV News 18
As I reflect on the full sweep of 92 years, it seems to me that his life bent toward justice,Obama said. "Robert Byrd possessed that quintessential American quality. That is a capacity to change, a capacity to learn, a capacity to listen,...
- President Bush in Wall Street Journal
Democrat leaders in Congress seem more interested in fighting political battles in Washington than providing our troops what they need to fight the battles in Iraq,Mr. Bush said. "If Democrat leaders in Congress are bent on making a...
- Jelena Jankovic in Sports Network
I slid and my leg went straight and then bent so quickly, and it was a sharp pain in that moment,said Jankovic. "But then, you know, I continued to play and play, and it was getting worse and worse. Because especially on grass you have to...