- a of or relating to or happening on the bottom under a body of water
- Instead, as the author relates in the preamble to his spectacularly orogenous and deeply benthic volume Annals of the Former World (Farrar, Straus Giroux; 696 pages; $35), it .
- The benthic, or bottom-dwelling, plants and animals represent the least-known ecosystem on the planet.
- The benthic, or bottom-dwelling, plants and animals in the oceans represent the least-known ecosystem on Earth.
News & Articles
- Park Slope’s Grand Central Oyster Bar Opens This Fall
The original. Brooklyn's raw-bar fans were likely pretty jazzed last month to find out that a franchised location of Grand Central Oyster bar is opening in the old Fornino space on Fifth Avenue, but some were left wondering how, if any, aspects of the Guastavino-tiled vaulted ceilings in the original may find their way into Park Slope. Sure, there's a nod to the almost benthic charm of Grand ...
Aug. 13, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Wallace Broecker in guardian.co.uk
Broecker says: "I am in full sympathy with those who claim that the benthic world [the lowest level of a body of water] is likely a fragile one. Hence, before we poke it with CO2, we should do our homework. Therefore, I challenge Greenpeace to relax...
- Richard Nixon in Newswise (press release)
We've heard a great deal about how climate change has affected wildlife, but this may be the first time that changes in climate have been observed to change fundamental nutrient cycles,said Nixon. "Benthic-pelagic coupling - the...