- v create and charge with a task or function
- v assign a duty, responsibility or obligation to
He was appointed deputy manager
- v furnish
a beautifully appointed house
- A quiet battle is raging over the Bush Administration's plan to appoint a scantily credentialed doctor, whose writings include a book titled As Jesus Cared for Women .
- It shouldn't be surprising that PepsiCo, a quintessentially American company making quintessentially American products, would appoint a CEO who isn't American-born (or male .
- To appoint Charles Beecher Warren to enforce the trust laws against himself and his associates is as wicked as to appoint Albert Fall special prosecutor of Harry Sinclair.
News & Articles
- Soccer-Valladolid appoint JIM to replace Djukic as coach
MADRID, June 17 (Reuters) - Real Valladolid have appointed former Levante coach Juan Ignacio Martinez to replace Miroslav Djukic on a two-year contract with an option for a further year, the La Liga club said on Monday. Known affectionately as JIM, Spaniard Martinez left Levante at the end of last season after the Valencia-based club decided not to extend his contract following an 11th-placed ...
June 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- GRCC trustees expected to appoint new board member tonight
The Grand Rapids Board of Trustees is expected tonight to appoint one of nine candidates seeking to fill a vacancy on the seven member board.
June 17, 2013 - The Grand Rapids Press
- Soccer-Malaga appoint Schuster to replace Pellegrini
(Adds details) By Iain Rogers MADRID, June 14 (Reuters) - Malaga have agreed to appoint former Real Madrid boss Bernd Schuster as their new coach, the club said on Friday. Schuster, 53, comes in to replace Manuel Pellegrini, who said he was leaving the Spanish club last month and is widely expected to be appointed as the new coach at Manchester City. Local media have reported that Schuster's ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- Rod Blagojevich in The Australian
I am here to announce my intention to appoint an individual who has unquestioned integrity, extensive experience and is a wise and distinguished senior statesman of Illinois,Mr Blagojevich said.
- Jim Risch in Guardian Unlimited
I have not been promised the job of US senator, nor has there even been a hint that the governor would appoint me to that position,Risch told the AP. "At this point in time, that discussion is very premature."
- Newt Gingrich in USA Today
I see no reason why you would appoint an anti-military Supreme Court justice or why the Senate would confirm an anti-military Supreme Court justice,said Republican Newt Gingrich, the former House speaker, on Fox News Sunday.