- n a compact mass
- n an abnormal protuberance or localized enlargement
- n an awkward stupid person
- n a large piece of something without definite shape
a lump of coal
- v put together indiscriminately
lump together all the applicants
- v group or chunk together in a certain order or place side by side
- But Ellen's lump had come on too fast; it felt fleshy and, most significantly, unlike arthritis, it wasn't tender at all.
- Place's doctor didn't think much of the lump either, but recommended a mammogram nonetheless.
- She was worried about the lump and worried about the children who were worrying about her.
News & Articles
- Nationwide Offers Regular Premium Investments Options
Nationwide is to introduce a regular premium option for new customers alongside its existing lump sum investments.
June 12, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Financial help for patients fighting cancer
There are many resources available to cancer patients to help lower their costs while undergoing treatment. After finding a lump in her breast, Laura Wells had to wait nearly six months before getting a confirmed diagnosis of cancer.
June 10, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Chavez sues over insurance settlement
Jockey Jorge Chavez, who has not ridden since going down in a spill on Dec. 4, 2011, at Aqueduct in New York, has filed a lawsuit against the insurance company covering riders at New York racetracks seeking a lump sum payout of nearly $1 million.
June 10, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Roger Goodell in SI.com
I won't lump all of these incidents into a bowl and deal with it,Goodell said Wednesday. "I'm not trying to send a signal here and make examples of people. We'll do what we need to protect the integrity of the NFL. That's our objective....
- Andrew Symonds in Melbourne Herald Sun
Symonds told the hosts: "They're trying to use him (McCullum) as the out because he's a Kiwi. Yep, we love to hate them, but he's the lump of s---, sorry, lump of cow dirt, that people are thinking of. Now to get away from that, the actual topic is...
- Joe Torre in SI.com
Everybody had a lump in their throat before the game,Yankees manager Joe Torre said. "You couldn't help but choke up."