- n a second-rate prize fighter
- n an awkward stupid person
- Though mimicking Graziano's stumblebum manner and Lower East Side patois didn't suit Newman's style he's not so much being Rocky as doing him the performance won him rave .
- OWI, which usually approaches Congress with the dread of a stumblebum fighter who knows he must take the count before he gets paid off, had surprisingly good luck last week.
- Ford often laughs at the stumblebum jokes that are a staple of political comics.
News & Articles
- Texas Football: Why Turnovers Are Key to the Defensive Turnaround
The Texas Longhorns need more turnovers in 2013. At least on defense, where forcing more of them will be a key factor in the team's defensive turnaround. Darrell Royal put it best when he said, "Luck doesn't go around looking for a stumblebum." In the case of forcing turnovers, that is pretty dead on. Forcing turnovers is as much about making a spectacular play as it is being in the right place ...
Aug. 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Tim Kazurinsky in Chicago Tribune
It was sort of audacious because no one had done the pratfalls, the president as a stumblebum, and Chevy's stuff was incredibly good, and he committed to those falls,said Tim Kazurinsky, a "Saturday Night Live" cast member in the 1980s....
- Hilton Kramer in Wanted in Rome
And now even the New York Times critic Hilton Kramer called him "a mandarin pretending to be a stumblebum."
- Janet Maslin in International Herald Tribune
...book was the talk of Book Expo, the publishing industry's annual convention, this spring, and Janet Maslin wrote in The New York Times that it brings the bar "to life with hilarious stumblebum wisdom."