gawk : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an awkward stupid person
- v look with amazement; look stupidly
- Two were later dragged to a command post and dumped on the ground for mujahidin fighters to gawk at.
- Folks looking at Eddie's endowment gawk as if it were the Washington Monument.
- Then, in a supreme irony, the quints were set up in a hospital directly across the street from their parents' farmhouse, where tourists and passersby lined up for hours to gawk.
News & Articles
- The 12 most exciting games of E3 2013
(Credit: CD Projekt) Where last year's show felt empty, E3 2013 was anything but. Show-goers were treated to a barrage of new software to gawk over, a lot of which are brand-new franchises. Taking into consideration criticism from my past lists, I'll be highlighting only games that featured gameplay of some kind. As long as someone played it at E3, it's fair game. Sorry, trailers and teasers won ...
June 15, 2013 - CNET
- My Samsung Phone, and the Virtues of Feeling Cool
Back in 2007, when the first iPhone was launched, it was common for complete strangers to stop iPhone owners to gawk openly at the shiny new device, ask how they liked it, and sheepishly ask if they could try it out for a minute or two.
June 11, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Oklahoma tornadoes: Co-owner of storm-chasing company responds to criticism
The co-owner of a company that charges people thousands of dollars for storm-chasing tours said Tuesday he isn't in the business of letting people gawk at damage. He apologized for bringing a news crew into the Moore area in one of his vans after the May 20 storm, giving neighbors the impression they were a tourist attraction.
June 11, 2013 - The Oklahoman
- Julie Andrews in Washington Post
Literally, there was a mouse in my theater and some witty fellow said, 'He probably came up to gawk at the stars,'said Andrews, who saw the book as a way to give children a behind-the-scenes look at the world of theater.
- Bryan Allen in Los Angeles Times
We spoke with parole and that has stopped,said Ontario Police Sgt. Bryan Allen, who recently supervised a cleanup operation in the area. "We get folks who come here to gawk, and a few have even brought their children down to play. This...