- n round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games
the ball travelled 90 mph on his serve
the mayor threw out the first ball
the ball rolled into the corner pocket
- n a solid projectile that is shot by a musket
they had to carry a ramrod as well as powder and ball
- n an object with a spherical shape
a ball of fire
- n the people assembled at a lavish formal dance
the ball was already emptying out before the fire alarm sounded
- n one of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens
she kicked him in the balls and got away
- n a spherical object used as a plaything
he played with his rubber ball in the bathtub
- n United States comedienne best known as the star of a popular television program (1911-1989)
- n a compact mass
a ball of mud caught him on the shoulder
- n a lavish dance requiring formal attire
- n a more or less rounded anatomical body or mass
the ball at the base of the thumb
he stood on the balls of his feet
- n the game of baseball
- n a pitch that is not in the strike zone
he threw nine straight balls before the manager yanked him
- v form into a ball by winding or rolling
- But the origin of the purity-ball movement was not so much about their five daughters; it was about the fathers Randy saw who, he says, didn't know what their place was in the .
- Michelle Obama's brother reveals what basketball tells us about the 44th President.
- Todd McFarlane holds Mark McGwire's 70th home run ball.
News & Articles
- Minnesota Twins ball boy, the little brother of a big leaguer, makes a sensational leaping catch
You gotta have some skills to be a ball boy.The play of the day might just go to a ball boy. During Thursday's Chicago White Sox-Minnesota Twins game, a Twins ball boy made a great leaping grab on a … Continue reading ?
June 20, 2013 - Big League Stew via Yahoo! Sports
- For Ball, Red Sox were an easy choice
Ron Ball grew up in Indiana rooting for the Yankees because Don Mattingly was from Evansville. But on Wednesday, Ball stood on the field at Fenway Park proudly wearing a blue Red Sox polo shirt.
June 20, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Ball Corp. upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at RW Baird
Baird upgraded Ball Corp based on relative valuation, stable fundamentals, and potential acquisitions. Price target raised to $50 from $48.
June 19, 2013 - Theflyonthewall.com via Yahoo! Finance
- Miroslav Klose in The Canadian Press
Our plan was to win possession quickly and then try to keep it, to pass the ball around,striker Miroslav Klose said.
- Joachim Loew in SI.com
In the last two or three years they have been one of the best and most united teams,Germany coach Joachim Loew said. "They circulate the ball well and we couldn't play the way we like to play."
- Paul Goydos in ESPN.co.uk
It's almost a mythical number in our game,Goydos said after walking off the Deere Run course. "I've gone from clubbing a ball in the backyard all the way to the moon, and missed all the steps in between. Standing over that last putt, I was...