losings : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n something lost (especially money lost at gambling)
- v fail to keep or to maintain; cease to have, either physically or in an abstract sense
- v fail to win
- v suffer the loss of a person through death or removal
- v place (something) where one cannot find it again
- v miss from one's possessions; lose sight of
- v allow to go out of sight
- v fail to make money in a business; make a loss or fail to profit
- v fail to get or obtain
- v retreat
- v fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind
- v be set at a disadvantage
- Texas, Alabama, New Mexico and Pennsylvania would shoulder much of the burden from 57 military base closings announced today.
- The Pentagon will announce its latest round of military base closings tomorrow, but PTI Defense correspondent Mark Thompson reports that officials haven't mustered the political .
- Over two decades ago, I found my calling working in a community devastated by steel-plant closings.
- Paul Samuelson in RealClearPolitics (blog)
Samuelson argues: "Correct Ricardian theory does imply that worldwide real income per capita does gain . so that winners' winnings will suffice worldwide to more than compensate losers' losings."