- n something that is lost
the car was a total loss
loss of livestock left the rancher bankrupt
- n gradual decline in amount or activity
a serious loss of business
- n the act of losing someone or something
everyone expected him to win so his loss was a shock
- n the disadvantage that results from losing something
his loss of credibility led to his resignation
- n the experience of losing a loved one
he sympathized on the loss of their grandfather
- n the amount by which the cost of a business exceeds its revenue
the company operated at a loss last year
- n military personnel lost by death or capture
- n euphemistic expressions for death
- Indeed, exercise was more strongly associated with weight loss than any other factor, including diet.
- Hearing loss is more common than ever before.
- No illness involving a combination of a hormone imbalance and a loss of proteins that causes dramatic weight loss could be remedied with a simple nutritional fix, Lustig says.
- Phil Gramm in Indianapolis Star
You just hear this constant whining,Gramm told the Washington Times, "complaining about a loss of competitiveness, America in decline."
- Corey Feldman in CTV.ca
Feldman said Haim's death marked the "tragic loss of a wonderful, beautiful, tormented soul, who will always be my brother, family and best friend."
- Mel Gibson in CNN
I had such great hope for him,said Mel Gibson, who played Ledger's father in "The Patriot," in a statement. "He was just taking off and to lose his life at such a young age is a tragic loss. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his...