exit : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an opening that permits escape or release
- n euphemistic expressions for death
- n the act of going out
- v move out of or depart from
- v lose the lead
- v pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life
- The exit polls have tended to skew most Democratic in years where there is high turnout and high vote interest like in 1992 and 2004.
- In 2004, bloggers got a hold of early exit poll data and hailed a premature Kerry victory.
- Prima Donna Maria Callas, past mistress of the grand operatic exit, did it again last week.
News & Articles
- Grand exit: Graduating senior leaves in helicopter
A senior at Sparhawk High School in Amesbury may be the only high school student ever to exit his high graduation ceremony in a helicopter.
June 18, 2013 - WCVB Boston
- Elm Grove Exit on I-70 Closed Tuesday
A heads up for drivers in Ohio County on Tuesday: the second Elm Grove exit on Interstate 70 East will be closed later today so crews can remove an exit sign near the ramp.You can use the first Elm Grove
June 18, 2013 - WTRF Wheeling
- Roubini: Fed Exit Will Be 'Treacherous'
Economist Nouriel Roubini and political scientist Ian Bremmer warned that the Fed's monetary easing exit strategy would be "treacherous."
June 18, 2013 - CNBC
- President Bush in USA Today
Though not asked specifically about the Iraq Study Group recommendations, Bush said, "There's a lot of speculation that these reports in Washington mean there's going to be some kind of graceful exit out of Iraq. This business about a graceful exit...
- John McCain in Los Angeles Times
The way you win wars is to break the enemy's will,McCain told reporters. "The exit strategy should be dictated by conditions on the ground."
- Robert Gates in New York Times
The notion of timelines and exit strategies and so on, frankly, I think would all be a strategic mistake. The reality is, failure in Afghanistan would be a huge setback for the United States,Gates said in an interview broadcast Sunday on...