departure : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of departing
- n a variation that deviates from the standard or norm
- n euphemistic expressions for death
- The departure was the culmination of a turf war between Goss and Negroponte.
- The departure of Karl Rove, a key defender, may have had something to do with it.
- But in reality, Dobson's departure was a necessary step taken to ensure Focus on the Family's survival, which has been shaky for the last few years.
News & Articles
- Hester's Departure From RBS Called 'Plain Stupid'
Stephen Hester's departure as the CEO of U.K.-taxpayer owned Royal Bank of Scotland has surprised London's financial sector with one major shareholder calling the move damaging and "plain stupid".
June 13, 2013 - CNBC
- Hester's Departure From RBS 'Plain Stupid'
Stephen Hester's departure as the CEO of U.K.-taxpayer owned Royal Bank of Scotland has surprised London's financial sector.
June 13, 2013 - CNBC
- Luis Suarez's Liverpool Departure Even More Inevitable After Latest Comments
Luis Suarez 's departure from Liverpool has seemed like an inevitability for some time now, and the latest developments only add to the likelihood that we'll see the Uruguayan in a different shirt sooner rather than later. According to a report from Andy Hunter of The Guardian , the embattled striker has reiterated his desire to leave England, largely due to negative attention from the press ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Jimmy Carter in Reuters
In the newspaper interview, Carter said Bush had taken a "radical departure from all previous administration policies" with the Iraq war.
- Oliver Bierhoff in Times of India
It's not the case, Ballack visited the team in Sicily before the tournament and it was always agreed that he would visit for the quarter-final. It is an unfortunate coincidence that Ballack's departure and Lahm's statement coincided,Bierhoff...
- Dick Parsons in International Herald Tribune
There has been one announced departure from the board. Together with other anticipated departures, this gives us the opportunity to reconstitute the board and we will do so as quickly as possible,said Richard Parsons, Citi's lead director, in...