leaving : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of departing
- v go away from a place
- v go and leave behind, either intentionally or by neglect or forgetfulness
- v act or be so as to become in a specified state
- v leave unchanged or undisturbed or refrain from taking
- v move out of or depart from
- v make a possibility or provide opportunity for; permit to be attainable or cause to remain
- v have as a result or residue
- v remove oneself from an association with or participation in
- v put into the care or protection of someone
- v leave or give by will after one's death
- v have left or have as a remainder
- v be survived by after one's death
- v transmit (knowledge or skills)
- v leave behind unintentionally
- An Iraqi woman stands amid American soldiers northeast of Baghdad on March 20 "The sentence has to have the word 'leaving' in it," said Grover Norquist, the influential Republican .
- It's true that the play, entitled Leaving, and has echoes of Shakespeare's King Lear, tells the story of a top official leaving office as former President Havel did in 2003.
- The FBI says killer truckers are abducting prostitutes and other women at truck stops, raping them and leaving their bodies along the nation's highways.
News & Articles
- Sharrow leaving Algonac schools
Algonac's embattled school boss is not only leaving his post but will be gone before midway rides roll into town for the annual Pickerel Tournament.
June 15, 2013 - The Voice
- Photos: Leaving South Salem Elementary in style
Leaving the “Little Round School” (South Salem Elementary) in style: Maddie Parrish, Kenzie Smith, Brooke Baxley, Haley Steffan, Riley McLain, and Bailee Lintner were surprised by their parents with a limo ride through town Friday night. They will join the other 5th grade graduates in Salem as they prepare to enter Andrew Lewis Middle School. [...]
June 14, 2013 - Roanoke Times
- Captain Ambrosini leaving AC Milan after 18 seasons
ROME (Reuters) - AC Milan captain Massimo Ambrosini is leaving the club after 18 seasons, he told a news conference on Friday. "This is my last press conference as a Milan player and I want to thank you all for 18 fantastic years that I won't ever forget," the 36-year-old midfielder said after the Serie A club decided not to renew his contract. "I had to give myself a couple of days to work off ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Dan Gilbert in SportsGrid (blog)
It's not about him leaving,Gilbert said. "It's the disrespect. It's time for people to hold these athletes accountable for their actions. Is this the way you raise your children? I've been holding this all in for a long time."
- Ehud Olmert in MSNBC (press release)
We didn't set out to conquer Gaza. We didn't set out to control Gaza. We don't want to remain in Gaza and we intend on leaving Gaza as fast as possible,Olmert said at a dinner in Jerusalem with the leaders of Britain, France, Germany and Spain.
- Richard Murray in BBC News
Murray added: "We all know that Simon is a good businessman. I am sure if the reasons Iain was leaving for his family to go up north, he would have put that in the contract. If he did not, then maybe Simon has not had the best advice. What amazes me...