- v transmit (knowledge or skills)
impart a new skill to the students
- v bestow a quality on
- v transmit or serve as the medium for transmission
- The bulk of India's people remain poor because we are not able to give basic education to our children, we are not able to impart skills to our young men and women, and we are not .
- Traveling as a young mother with her two sons and a daughter, McCain tried to impart her love of art by taking her family on trips to Winterthur and the Hermitage.
- Another $100 million will be spent to switch signs at the company's more than 25,000 stations and impart Exxon to its letterheads, gas pumps and trucks.
News & Articles
- Home support programs are preschool in its earliest form
Through programs across the country, nurses, social workers or trained mentors offer support to new or expectant parents and impart skills to help them become better teachers for their children.
June 11, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- In Newport News, a doctorate-level course in comedy
The Fat Doctor, who is both a performer and a teacher, is ready to impart his lessons to local students. NEWPORT NEWS — The Fat Doctor knows what it's like to stand on stage, tell a joke and watch an entire comedy club dissolve into raucous laughter.
June 10, 2013 - Daily Press
- Effort being made to revive the Wisconsin Athletic Hall of Fame
Sports and history lovers have come together in an effort to impart new focus and spirit into the Wisconsin Athletic Hall of Fame in Downtown Milwaukee.
June 10, 2013 - OnMilwaukee.com
- Manmohan Singh in Hindustan Times
Commenting on his meeting with Harper, Singh said "our relations with Canada are becoming broad-based and there is a mutual desire on both sides to impart fresh vigour and vitality to them. India and Canada share the same values and there are many...
- Neil Armstrong in Forbes
Right after I got the gig, a friend of a friend e-mailed me and said, you know, `Congratulations, I'm so happy for you, and also I just wanted to impart to you how great a responsibility this is,' and, like, just went on for a while about how... John Cho http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cho&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGhGgu5ZDaa9uHVnP-tOJ67hIbmXQ San Francisco Chronicle http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi%3Ff%3D/n/a/2008/03/11/entertainment/e134425D66.DTL%26type%3Dentertainment%26tsp%3D1&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHzD7o_Bb_KLe7s9F_ALe3vFsGJjw Mar 11, 2008
49883 67627 impart We dedicate this building today, but by itself, it cannot impart knowledge. It requires people," Armstrong, 77, told a crowd of about 350 who gathered for the dedication.