- n the quality of being unlike or dissimilar
there are many differences between jazz and rock
- n a variation that deviates from the standard or norm
- n a disagreement or argument about something important
there were irreconcilable differences
- n a significant change
the difference in her is amazing
his support made a real difference
- n the number that remains after subtraction; the number that when added to the subtrahend gives the minuend
- The one stand-out difference between the two is that, owing to Facebook's heritage as a social network for college students, 5% of those leaving the Facebook domain continue on .
- But that difference did not show up.
- If there are significant genetic differences between blacks and whites, the ability to spew psuedohistorical nonsense about racial distinctions is one trait both races have in .
News & Articles
- Justin makes a difference
Justin Smith, a third-grader in Scott Davis’ class at Sabold Elementary School, was recently awarded the “Making a Difference Award” from the Local Education Task Force. The award recognizes staff members and students who have gone out of their way through their work, support or friendship to be accepting and understanding to others and makes sure they include children of all abilities. Justin’s ...
June 12, 2013 - Springfield Press
- NorthStar Alarm Supports Youth Making a Difference
NorthStar Alarm runs in the Dirty Dash to help raise money for Youth Making a Difference (YMAD). YMAD is an organization that teaches teens how to make a difference in the world. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10823253.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Study Shows Maturity Age Difference Between Men and Women
While it is a commonly known fact that men mature slower than women, a new survey shows what the actual age difference between men and women really is in regards to maturity. According to researchers, the average age men are when they reach maturity is 32. The study was commissioned by Nikelodeon UK, who was curious to find out if men ever stopped acting childish. They looked at female-defined ...
June 11, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
He said that it was "not based on any difference in policy" or "any sense of personal insult," but on his judgment that Gen. McChrystal had not upheld "the standard that should be set by a commanding general."
- Sonia Sotomayor in Atlantic Online
So when Sotomayor says things like this -- "I simply do not know exactly what that difference will be in my judging. But I accept there will be some based on my gender and my Latina heritage" -- it's very easy to label her an scourge of identity...
- Osama bin Laden in Forbes
So there is a huge difference between the path of the kings, presidents and hypocritical Ulama (Islamic scholars) and the path of these noble young men,like al-Shehri, bin Laden said. "The formers' lot is to spoil and enjoy themselves...