- n a disagreement or argument about something important
he had a dispute with his wife
- n coming into conflict with
- v take exception to
- v have a disagreement over something
- And even if that happens, there's no guarantee this same dispute will not flare up again in the coming months, as it regularly has over the past few years.
- This is a dispute that the Bush side is winning on a simple but effective strategy of decibels and repetition.
- The dispute flared in mid-April when Japan announced it would send two unarmed survey ships to the area to map the sea floor in advance of an international meeting in June, at .