- n an angry dispute
they had a quarrel
- n an arrow that is shot from a crossbow; has a head with four edges
- v have a disagreement over something
We quarreled over the question as to who discovered America
- Poland's millennium in 1966, the anniversary of the country's conversion to Christianity, was as much a quarrel as it was a celebration.
- When the cops started asking questions, Dahmer was able to convince the police that it was merely a lovers' quarrel.
- Settling a $4 billion quarrel .
News & Articles
- Professor killed by woman with stiletto heel, police say
It may have been a vicious murder or the unintentional result of a lover's quarrel. Either way, the death of a Texas college professor stands out for the weapon the killer allegedly used: one of her own stilettos.
June 12, 2013 - CNN
- Man Beaten to Death with Stiletto Heel
(CNN) — It may have been a vicious murder or the unintentional result of a lover’s quarrel. Either way, the...
June 11, 2013 - FOX 8 Cleveland
- Iranian candidates quarrel over nuclear talks
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran's eight presidential candidates quarreled about talks with world powers over the country's disputed nuclear program Friday as they held their final televised debate ahead of next week's election.
June 7, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- President Bush in Voice of America
Mr. Bush said that the US "message to the people of Iran is clear: we have no quarrel with you. We respect your traditions and your history. We look forward to the day when you have your freedom."
- Sheldon Whitehouse in Forbes
What happened in this case sends a signal really through intimidation by purge: 'Don't quarrel with us any longer,'said Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, DR.I., a former US attorney who spent much of Monday evening paging through 3,000 documents...
- Maurice Cheeks in SI.com
There's going to be some times where things don't go the way it's planned, but I've always marveled at his talents and always will because he's a phenomenal player,Cheeks said. "It's not like we had this quarrel or this big fight or...