lose : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v fail to keep or to maintain; cease to have, either physically or in an abstract sense
- v fail to win
- v suffer the loss of a person through death or removal
- v place (something) where one cannot find it again
- v miss from one's possessions; lose sight of
- v allow to go out of sight
- v fail to make money in a business; make a loss or fail to profit
- v fail to get or obtain
- v retreat
- v fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind
- v be set at a disadvantage
- Where you gain weight on your body may play a significant role in how you can lose it.
- You've heard it for years: to lose weight, hit the gym.
- On a high-protein diet, you may lose some weight because you are eating fewer simple carbohydrates.
News & Articles
- Blount schools could lose teachers, staff after voters nix wheel tax
Blount County Schools could lose up to 84 positions, officials say — from teachers, counselors and teaching assistants to an assistant principal, janitors and maintenance technicians — after voters Tuesday shut down an effort to create a wheel tax by a two-to-one margin.
June 13, 2013 - Knoxville News Sentinel
- San Mateo Medical Center will lose money under Obamacare
The San Mateo Medical Center, the county’s public hospital, will lose $14 million on top of potentially millions in county funds already going to the state during the first three years of the federal Affordable Care Act, according to finance officials.
June 12, 2013 - San Mateo Daily Journal
- Don’t forget: “Lose Your Lunch Money” event is today
The Albertville Chamber of Commerce and “Blessings in a Backpack” invites you to “Lose Your Lunch Money” Wednesday, June 12 at the Albertville Farmer’s Market parking lot as well as the Chamber’s circ
June 12, 2013 - The Sand Mountain Reporter