- n a victory (as in a race or other competition)
he was happy to get the win
- n something won (especially money)
- v be the winner in a contest or competition; be victorious
- v win something through one's efforts
- v obtain advantages, such as points, etc.
- v attain success or reach a desired goal
- Can't Anybody Win? It was still a little early last week for a pennant party in the National League.
- But Hoyer insists the "context is there" for a win.
- By winning a referendum Sunday that will end presidential term limits, President Chavez will be allowed to run for re-election indefinitely.
News & Articles
- Enter to win VIP Riverbend tickets and a River Gorge Explorer cruise
Here's your chance to win 2 VIP Riverbend tickets and a 1 hour cruise on the River Gorge Explorer.
June 12, 2013 - Chattanooga Times Free Press
- Interns Win Huge Victory in Labor Lawsuit Against Fox
UPDATED: Fox says it is "very disappointed" after two interns who worked on "Black Swan" are granted a summary judgment win and another intern who worked in Fox's corporate department will now be leading a class action. read more
June 12, 2013 - The Hollywood Reporter
- Soccer-Japan sign off with win to end Iraq's World Cup bid
* Late Okazaki strike hands Japan win * Iraq's World Cup hopes end in defeat (Adds details, quotes) June 11 (Reuters) - Asian champions Japan finished their World Cup qualifying campaign with a 1-0 win over Iraq in Doha on Tuesday that ended the West Asian nation's slim hopes of joining them in Brazil. Iraq enjoyed plenty of possession and created lots of chances in the searing Qatari heat but ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Dan Gilbert in Toronto Sun
You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal,Gilbert said. "You have given so much and deserve so much more. I personally guarantee that the Cleveland Cavaliers will win an NBA championship before the self-titled former 'King'...
- LeBron James in betting.betfair.com (blog)
It's going to give me the best opportunity to win,James said. "We're going to be a real good team."
- Tiger Wood in Reuters Canada
I wanted to win (but) as the week wore on I kept hitting the ball worse,said the 14-times major champion. "I didn't hit the ball good enough and I made too many mistakes around the greens."