- n a substance used to ignite or kindle a fire
- n a device for lighting or igniting fuel or charges or fires
- n a flatbottom boat for carrying heavy loads (especially on canals)
- v transport in a flatbottom boat
- a of comparatively little physical weight or density
- a (used of color) having a relatively small amount of coloring agent
- a of the military or industry; using (or being) relatively small or light arms or equipment
- a not great in degree or quantity or number
- a psychologically light; especially free from sadness or troubles
- a characterized by or emitting light
- s (used of vowels or syllables) pronounced with little or no stress
- s easily assimilated in the alimentary canal; not rich or heavily seasoned
- s (used of soil) loose and large-grained in consistency
- s (of sound or color) free from anything that dulls or dims
- s moving easily and quickly; nimble
- s demanding little effort; not burdensome
- a of little intensity or power or force
- a (physics, chemistry) not having atomic weight greater than average
- s weak and likely to lose consciousness
- s very thin and insubstantial
- s marked by temperance in indulgence
- s less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so
- s having little importance
- s intended primarily as entertainment; not serious or profound
- s silly or trivial
- s designed for ease of movement or to carry little weight
- s having relatively few calories
- s (of sleep) easily disturbed
- s casual and unrestrained in sexual behavior
- Fiberglass was the '50s carbon fiber tough, versatile, lighter than steel and more affordable than aluminum.
- This is notably ironic, since the car's creator the smooth-talking Malcolm Bricklin didn't include an ashtray or lighter in the car, to discourage smoking.
- Higgins' tank lighter came through fine .
- Stephen Jackson in The Associated Press
If I would have been 10 to 15 pounds lighter, I would have been moving a little better, my defense would have been better,Jackson said. "A lot of things would have been better. So when he told me that, I definitely agreed with him."
- Christopher Meloni in FOXNews
If everyone is not included, you set up the possible risk that certain countries will gain economic advantage from being included or not included, so the burden is much lighter if we all contribute. If some contribute or some contribute... Stephen Harper http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Harper&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEh1pJ_efciQe5WqU4Zl_Oq9qro7Q Vancouver Sun http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.vancouversun.com/news/will%2Bconference%2Bother%2Bleaders%2Baides/2225751/story.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHztJH0iINLQOp8JBBNHD9bTumaSA Nov 15, 2009
58243 77530 lighter It's all in the timing," Meloni says, "the rhythm of the words and the body. If you can do it _ if you understand it and have the physical control _ it's really magical. Comedy is a lighter load for me to carry," he says, quickly adding,...