easy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a posing no difficulty; requiring little effort
an easy job
an easy problem
an easy victory
the house is easy to heat
satisfied with easy answers
took the easy way out of his dilemma
- s not hurried or forced
an easy walk around the block
at a leisurely (or easygoing) pace
- a free from worry or anxiety
knowing that I had done my best, my mind was easy
an easy good-natured manner
- s affording pleasure
easy good looks
- s having little impact
an easy pat on the shoulder
- s readily exploited or tricked
an easy victim
an easy mark
- s in fortunate circumstances financially; moderately rich
- s marked by moderate steepness
an easy climb
- s affording comfort
soft light that was easy on the eyes
- s casual and unrestrained in sexual behavior
her easy virtue
- s less in demand and therefore readily obtainable
commodities are easy this quarter
- s obtained with little effort or sacrifice, often obtained illegally
- r with ease (`easy' is sometimes used informally for `easily')
success came too easy
- r without speed (`slow' is sometimes used informally for `slowly')
go easy here--the road is slippery
- r in a relaxed manner; or without hardship
just wanted to take it easy" (`soft' is nonstandard)
- The European serial entrepreneur of easyJet fame has gone back to his family's maritime roots determined to revolutionize yet another industry.
- It can't be easy being a runt in a litter that includes a President.
- The interface is easy to use.
News & Articles
- Easy and Delicious Summer Grilling
Now that summer has officially arrived and fresh produce is in season, it’s time to start grilling. Cindy Barbieri is a home chef, food blogger and cookbook author. She joins the Morning Extra to share easy and delicious recipes for …
June 21, 2013 - FOX CT Hartford
- The Quick & Easy Boys - ‘Make It Easy’
Make It Easy is the latest album from The Quick & Easy Boys. read more
June 20, 2013 - TheCelebrityCafe.com
- Easy Braised Pork
Peppercorn pork tenderloin, marinated artichoke hearts and basil-garlic polenta star in this quick-and-easy one-pot dinner.
June 20, 2013 - Beauregard Daily News
- Barack Obama in Newsweek
I understand how easy it is for this town to become consumed in the game of politics, to turn every issue into a running tally of who's up and who's down,Obama said in his opening remarks.
- Fabian Cancellara in Pocono Record
Sprints are never easy,Cancellara said. "They're psychologically very hard. Today, we saw a nice thing: After all the buzz around him - the young sprinter, the big mouth and all that - ...... he's a real sprinter."
- Novak Djokovic in SI.com
Nothing is easy these days, especially at this stage of the tournament,Djokovic said. "But the way I played, I deserved to win. I was hitting all the shots and I was really playing very solid from all parts of the court. I'm very, very...