loose : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v grant freedom to; free from confinement
- v turn loose or free from restraint
let loose mines
- v make loose or looser
loosen the tension on a rope
- v become loose or looser or less tight
The noose loosened
- a not compact or dense in structure or arrangement
- s (of a ball in sport) not in the possession or control of any player
a loose ball
- a not tight; not closely constrained or constricted or constricting
the large shoes were very loose
- s not officially recognized or controlled
a loose organization of the local farmers
- s not literal
a loose interpretation of what she had been told
- s emptying easily or excessively
- a not affixed
the stamp came loose
- s not tense or taut
the old man's skin hung loose and grey
- s (of textures) full of small openings or gaps
a loose weave
- s lacking a sense of restraint or responsibility
a loose tongue
- s not carefully arranged in a package
a box of loose nails
- s having escaped, especially from confinement
dogs loose on the streets
criminals on the loose in the neighborhood
- s casual and unrestrained in sexual behavior
he was told to avoid loose (or light) women
- r without restraint
cows in India are running loose
- Firefox is chipping away at Internet Explorer's stranglehold, but more important, it is showing that a loose collective of volunteer contributors from around the world can deliver .
- On another level, it had Fonzie as a lawyer, great cousin-incest jokes and puns (as when Busterperpetually henpecked by his mother Lucille, has his hand bitten off by a 'loose .
News & Articles
- Marco man accused of stealing loose change to buy beer
A Marco Island man is accused of stealing loose change from a fountain to buy beer Sunday night.
June 17, 2013 - Naples Daily News
- Loose change robber wanted cash
Police are looking for a man who stole money from a Chevron gas station while searching for loose change in his pocket. Surveillance video from May 7 showed the man walking around the store, located at at 7100 W. McNab Road in North Lauderdale, browsing through merchandise. He grabbed a beverage and approached the checkout counter with a dollar bill and loose change, according to the Broward ...
June 14, 2013 - Local 10 Miami
- Loose cow leads officers on chase through Roy neighborhood
A cow loose in Davis County on Thursday had homeowners scratching their heads as the animal led authorities on a chase that ended in a Roy woman's backyard.
June 14, 2013 - KSL Salt Lake City
- Alex Rodriguez in MLB.com
Back then it was a different culture,Rodriguez said. "It was very loose. I was young, I was stupid, I was naÃ¯ve. I wanted to prove to everyone that I was worth being one of the greatest players of all time."
- Barack Obama in TheChronicleHerald.ca
Obama said of Republicans: "Their prescription for every challenge is pretty much the same - and I don't think I'm exaggerating here: basically cut taxes for the wealthy, cut rules for corporations and cut working folks loose to fend for...
- Kobe Bryant in Los Angeles Times
They got all the energy points, the hustle points, second-chance points, points in the paint, beat us to the loose balls,Bryant said. "I mean, that's how the game turned around."