barge : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a flatbottom boat for carrying heavy loads (especially on canals)
- v push one's way
she barged into the meeting room
- v transport by barge on a body of water
- Then they allegedly cut the rope between the barge and the navy ship and left.
- The barge is securely steadied by electronically controlled ballast and nine anchors while its drill probes into the sea bottom 340 ft.
- The barge line fails to figure in its cost such items as attorney's fees, printing, franking, depreciation and the expense of operating the dams and locks it uses.
News & Articles
- Sitka Barge Line Plans Southeast Expansion
A Sitka-based barge line hopes to return to serving Southeast by the end of the year. It depends on a shipping-industry shuffle, where a much larger company is trying to absorb its chief competitor. Download Audio
June 12, 2013 - Alaska Public Radio Network
- Barge removed from Marseilles Dam
Salvage operators successfully removed a partially submerged barge at the Marseilles Dam, the Unified Command reported Monday. The barge contained steel plates, some as large as 40 feet in length, 8 feet wide and weighing up to 7,000 pounds
June 11, 2013 - The Ottawa Times
- Crushed cars recovered from Commencement Bay
TACOMA (AP) — Three-dozen scrap cars that fell off a barge Feb. 24 in Tacoma’s Commencement Bay have been recovered. The News Tribune reports Global Dive and Salvage removed the cars last week. The crushed cars fell into 240-feet-deep water when an Amix Marine Services barge sprang a lea
June 11, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Tony Woodley in USA Today
All the crew on the barge are shattered by the death,Woodley said. "They were tired and exhausted but had been determined to do everything they could to get the whale to safety. It really is a terrible shame."
- Amy Klobuchar in San Francisco Chronicle
It didn't happen because of an earthquake or a barge collision,said Sen. Amy Klobuchar, a Democrat. "Something went terribly wrong and we need to get the answers."
- John Terry in guardian.co.uk
On the pitch Graham Poll said to me that it was for the barge on [Hossam] Ghaly where I just kept running,Terry told Chelsea TV. "Then, after the game, he said to me it was for the fall when me and Ledley King fell so, you know, he's...