- n a substance used to ignite or kindle a fire
- n a device for lighting or igniting fuel or charges or fires
- Police now say an incendiary device -- a glass jar filled with flammable liquid and fitted with an external igniter -- apparently went off in the lap of a passenger in the sixth car.
- A man at the control board pushed a switch, setting off the rocket's igniter.
- The rest is mixed with fuel and fired by a small flame that burns in the shelter of the conical igniter.
News & Articles
- Unison Designs New CF34-8C/E Igniter
Unison Industries announced the newly designed CF34-8C/E extended life Igniter. The design is certified for use on CF34-8C1/-8C5/-8E1 platforms. It creates lower operating costs wi
June 18, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Tom Harley in Sydney Morning Herald
There's a handful of guys where you have to let them display their natural talents and Johnno certainly does that, he's the igniter within the team,Harley said. "But I don't think he lairises as much as a lot of people think he does, he's...
- Jose Guillen in ESPN
I wish I had the answer right now,Guillen said. "You'll see a lot of teams struggle looking for leadoff guys. Not many people in baseball have the ideal leadoff guy, the igniter, the guy who can make things happen."
- Dave Collins in MLB.com
He's a guy who has got to be the igniter to our offense,said Dave Collins, the Marlins' new outfield and baserunning coach. "No. 1, he's got to bring energy. He's got to have that energy every night. Another thing, he's got to get on base,...