known : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific piece of information; possess knowledge or information about
- v know how to do or perform something
- v be aware of the truth of something; have a belief or faith in something; regard as true beyond any doubt
- v be familiar or acquainted with a person or an object
This flower is known as a Peruvian Lily
- v have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations
have you ever known hunger?
- v accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority
- v have fixed in the mind
- v have sexual intercourse with
- v know the nature or character of
- v be able to distinguish, recognize as being different
- v perceive as familiar
- a apprehended with certainty
a known quantity
the limits of the known world
a musician known throughout the world
a known criminal
- It did not take long for Riduan Isamuddinthe al-Qaeda operative better known as Hambalito prove that rule.
- It's the kind of news that's been known to cause shortness of breath, sudden cardiac arrest, revolvers pulled from bedside drawers.
- The Cuban dictator's brother has long been known as Fidel's enforcer.
News & Articles
- City known for Polish ties shows it's much more
HAMTRAMCK, Mich. (AP) - Diversity is snapping in the wind in a small Detroit-area city best known for its Polish heritage. Eighteen flags were raised Saturday on a busy street in Hamtramck to represent the roots of many residents. They included Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia, Lebanon and the U.S.
June 15, 2013 - WLNS Lansing
- Vietnam arrests well-known blogger for criticism
Vietnamese police have arrested one of the country's best known bloggers for posting criticism of the communist government, intensifying a crackdown against Internet-fuelled dissent in the one-party, authoritarian state.
June 15, 2013 - KATU Portland
- Known Fairfield felon nabbed after chase
Fairfield police arrested a known felon Tuesday after he failed to yield to officers who initiated a traffic stop, and then bailed out and fled, leading police on a yard-by-yard search before he was finally found hiding in a local residence,
June 13, 2013 - The Vacaville Reporter
- Roger Clemens in CNN
When our government has information on a known extremist and that information is not shared and acted upon as it should have been so that this extremist boards a plane with dangerous explosives that could have cost nearly 300 lives, a systemic... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA FOXNews (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://whitehouse.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/12/29/systemic-failure/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGt-SHWzvb_fIA9t91NK4NonCOjSg Dec 29, 2009
56212 74318 known If I would've known what this man, what Brian McNamee (had) said in this report, I would have been down there in a heartbeat to take care of it," Clemens said.