- v be agreeable or acceptable to
- v be the right size or shape; fit correctly or as desired
- v satisfy a condition or restriction
- v make fit
He fitted other pieces of paper to his cut-out
- v insert or adjust several objects or people
- v be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
- v conform to some shape or size
- v provide with (something) usually for a specific purpose
- v make correspond or harmonize
- a being the right size and shape to fit as desired
a fitted overcoat
he quickly assembled the fitted pieces
- However, for the millions of worshippers who want relevant spirituality delivered with the same custom-fitted, on-demand convenience they get from secular merchants, Hybels .
- Hypnosis, silicone injections, and mysterious processes she calls "diacutaneous fibrolysis" and "aromatotherapy"all have somehow been fitted into a schedule already jampacked .
- Tacan, not bothered by superstructure interference or a ship's roll, is better fitted for Navy carriers.
News & Articles
- After marathon horror, ‘positive side’ took over
Boston real estate executive Roseann Sdoia asked herself if she was ready to die after one of the Boston Marathon bombs ripped her right leg off. She told the Herald’s Christine McConville yesterday she chose life. Today, moving into the next phase of her life as it is now, she’ll be fitted with her first prosthetic leg: “I’m an above-the-knee right leg amputee, and I’m picking up my prosthesis ...
June 17, 2013 - Boston Herald
- New EU law mandates eCall in all new cars
From October 2015 all new cars in the European Union will have to be fitted with an eCall device according to new draft legislation announced Thursday.
June 14, 2013 - TechWorld
- Child who lost feet in accident gets fitted for prosthesis
The two-year old who lost her feet in a lawn mower accident got fitted for her prosthesis on Thursda
June 13, 2013 - Central Florida News 13
- Scott Boras in SI.com
There's a class of player that has not been fitted into this new market,Boras said. "Obviously when Alex's contract was done, the revenues of the game were around $3 billion. Now they are around $6 billion. The elite position player has...
- Alan Curbishley in guardian.co.uk
It's a devastating blow for everyone, especially Julien,said Curbishley. "He had fitted in so well and was showing all the attributes needed to be a success in the Premiership. You could see in the short bit of football he has played with...