fitter : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who fits a garment to a particular person
- s improved in health or physical condition
- a meeting adequate standards for a purpose
- s (usually followed by `to' or `for') on the point of or strongly disposed
- a physically and mentally sound or healthy
- And it's true that he takes a pipe fitter's approach to writing, joining workmanlike sentences one to the other.
- When Martin Patrick Durkin resigned last week as Secretary of Labor, an old union colleague remarked: "Like any old steam fitter, he knew when the pressure got too high.
- They think that's huge," said a bra fitter in one of those upteenth style stories.
- Rafael Benitez in FOXSports.com
Benitez said: "It was another good work-out. It was a good game, with four goals for us and good play. But the players aren't 100% yet - that would be difficult right now. The other team were fitter than us but you could see we were passing,...
- Novak Djokovic in The Associated Press
This time physically I'm fitter,Djokovic said. "Those were very strange conditions and circumstances. I had to play three very long matches in three days and couldn't hold on in the semifinal. This time everything is in order and I'll give...
- Ana Ivanovic in USA Today
I think I'm a little bit different player than I was last time I played her,Ivanovic said. "I got even fitter and stronger on the court. Also, these courts are a little bit slower than the US Open, so I think that's something that...